[Spoilers] Andromeda Launch Impressions

Discussion in 'Mass Effect Andromeda' started by SirNerdsAlot5, Mar 24, 2017.

?
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SirNerdsAlot5

SirNerdsAlot5 New Member

Home Page:
    WARNING: I have not finished the game, so please do not spoil anything.

I would like to start by vaguely saying that Bioware has again produced a game that has great story content and good gameplay. However, it seems that they took a great deal of shortcuts. Here's some pros and cons I came up with for the overall game followed by how I'd rate it:

Pros:

• Improved graphic detail from ME3
    • Great combat mechanics
    • Good story development
    • Good character development
    • Large variety of weapons
    • Massive open world
    • Multi-player has more meaningful impact on single-player
    • Added weapon crafting to single-player
    • Brought back single-player loot drops
    Cons:
    • Same reskinned wildlife throughout the galaxy
    • Only two new species
    • Small number of multi-player maps
    • Planetary scanning scaled back

Overall I'd give this game a rating 4 out of 5. Bioware did a lot right with this game and I'm pleased with it. I only hope it will last beyond April.

2. Derrame

Derrame Member

i love ME trilogy, played ME1 as soon as it came out, played all 3 games multiple times

im only 20+- hours in MEA, lots of MP, which i love it, fun, addictive, lots of new feautres, cahractes, etc, progression is slower, but it's ok.

in the SP i'm in the part
    after i activated the underground vault , met Drack, PB, i'm exploring Eos

the more i play, the more i like it,

the bad: facial animations in human and asari, asari have same faces, walking animations of human and turian, besides they do a very strange and ridiculous hand movement,

quests to collect memories, shards, logs, materials are borning, same as DA:I, but this is ME, so, some of then are ok, i like the way they are presented, a bit better than in DA:I,
    some bugs, lik PB's pistol backwards, or voice and mouth animation not syncronized

the good
    excelent ambiences, environment, graphics, particle effects, love the kett designs, ships, architecture, outposts, etc, reminds me of the art of H. R. Giger
    i find the story intersting and compelling, involving, not asmuch as ME, i thnk our standards and expectations are a bit too high, maybe that's because of the MET quality, but this is new begin, keep that in mind

i love the main menu! reminds me of ME1, it's simple, yet represents the deep, dark, unknown space or galaxy, new planets, unlimited possibilities, graceful, silent, misteries to discover,

the soundtrack is ok, it could a lot better, but i like it, it's futuritic, it's ok for ME

the game is newcomers friendly, keep that in mind too

i like all characters but Liam, his personality does not fit his abilities and preparation, he is like a super soldier, but behaves like a kid, wtf

i like all other characters a lot

i like the nomad, the tempest,
    landscapes are beautiful, Eos desert is a bit boring, but i respect the artists' vision

combat is the best in the series, it wuld be even better if we have the pause

i was disappointed that the turain and asari and salarian and krogan arks are not in the nexus, i feel alone and lonely

ther are lots of things that made me smile, so many nods, winks to the trilogy,

it's like they are introducng ME to newcmers and at th same time trying to give veterans something they like and know

i don't like that "resource management" thing, the more materials, life support, the more peple we can wake up, wtf!?
    this does not belong to mass effect!

i like having "normal" enemies again, like salarians, humans, asari, krogans, turians, etc, and of course the new ones

only 3 factions in me3 was a bit boring

that's all for now, i'll update later on, i have a cluster to explore

3. SirNerdsAlot5

SirNerdsAlot5 New Member

Home Page:
    I have to still beat the main story myself lol