Featured Mass Effect: Andromeda Wishlist - What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Mass Effect Andromeda' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 6, 2017.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Administrator
    Staff Member

ME Andromeda.jpg

The release of Mass Effect: Andromeda is coming in March of 2017, but there's a lot that we still don't know about the game. Let's put together an official Mass Effect: Andromeda wishlist that we can show to the developers.

We likely won't know all about the game until it's been out for a few weeks, but this could even be used for updates & patches that are applied to the game during its lifecycle. I'll take some of the best & most popular ideas and compile them here in the very first thread.

I'll start with a few things I'd love to see:
    • Ability to edit your character's appearance throughout the entire game
    • Similar multiplayer to what we had in Mass Effect 3, but build upon that with more maps & boss enemy types
    • Cooperative roaming of a planet with a friend (I know, I know.. pipe dream)
    • 60 FPS, but I have a feeling we'll be locked at 30 FPS (at least on console)

Derrame likes this.
  2. Derrame

Derrame Member

An interesting, passionate, exciting story just like ME or ME2, with the fluid gamplay of ME3
    good grahics are already confirmed

interesting and rearding exploration
    interesting involving fn side quests
    deep character relationships
    beautiful, well designed, hi res landscapes and environments

good facial animations

a seamless, fun, addictive multiplayer like ME3, and that the players from all over the galaxy are together in the same server, not separated in world regions, etc

new species with interesting backstories
    old and new biotic and technical powers
    space battles
    ability to customize gear of squad mates
    lots of armors, suits, outfits, weapons

WhoIsDo likes this.
  3. panther

panther New Member

I like your wishlist. I will add to it.

1. Bioware should fire the openly racist Manveer Heir, he is already harming game sales and the game isn't even released.
    2. The depth of tactics and mods/upgrades and exploration quests (I loved hunting Thresher Maws!) from ME1.
    3. Some of the style from ME2 including but not limited to the lovely catsuits.
    4. The amazing story lines from/in all three.
    5. The incredible voice acting from 3. (Wow!)
    6. Less chunky controls in combat but while still using cover system, in some of the previews it appeared the player used zero cover. This should be an exception. Cover should typically be necessary in firefights.
    7. Make it mod friendly. I use mod textures for any RPG I play. I bought Skyrim only because it was so mod friendly. It is a huge selling point when players can personalize their game. Things like new skins, minor physics adjustments, additional side quests for instance, the option for easy modding is a huge draw for an RPG.
    8. Deep tactics, deep customization (like maybe the players body not just the face) but with efficient easy GUI so that the depth isn't tedious.
    9. Quality music like from ME3 and the others.
    10. Awesome sound effects with deep bass.
    11. Bring back the side missions (like finding Thresher Maws and killing them, etc.), the deep customization and tactics from 1 but with the awesome dialogue, acting and better graphics from 3.
    12. Keep the Sci Fi at least as hard as in the last 3 ME games. Realism is important along with complex topics like when EDI talks about mass effect in 3.
    13. Do not dumb it down. There are tons of twitchy run and gun games and they are all the same. Less twitchy, more tactics and strategy.

I am a huge fan of the all the Mass Effect games, absolutely love them! Keep the best from them all and do not dumb anything down, just make clean, intuitive and efficient GUI to make it easy to manage the depth. Keep up the good work!

4. Deangelo410

Deangelo410 New Member

Huge fan of bioware I own every game .. I've been playing with the character creation and I have to say .. it is lack luster .. there are not enough choices for the individual appearance sliders .. the ones provided are atrocious ... I would love to see more customization options ... the whole game revolves around your character .. and that burn 50 to 60 hours looking at an ugly character .. is furious .. please bioware load out some updates , allow more options .. you have a lot of serious core fans ... don't disappoint them .. I havnt even played yet .. and although I will most likely love the game .. these character customization tools are not doing it for me ... AT ALL!!!

5. SodaFett

SodaFett New Member

I would love to be able to switch squadmates, having just Liam and Cora every time I leave the Tempest is not giving me a chance to see the others in action. Also, I would love different customizations for outfits and appearance. When I change my colors for my outfits on the ship, it never stays, I'm tired of seeing the white and blue, make the changes be able to be saved, a save button would be nice for that. One other thing I would love to see, playable races :) that would be awesome.

my 2cents

6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Administrator
    Staff Member

There's an option to switch squadmates before you fully leave for the mission. It's to the far-right when you have the screen to change your loadout.

7. SodaFett

SodaFett New Member

Awesome, I completely missed that, the rest still applies :) thanks!

8. Rand207

Rand207 New Member

I'm really loving MEA, at 44 hrs in, and so much more to discover. And for all the negative criticism I've seen on the web about terrible animations, they aren't as bad as people have said. Could they be improved upon? Absolutely. But I rarely even notice when I'm in game.

Anyway, some things I would like to see, having only played 44 hrs and established my first settlement on Eos:

1-Quick save/Quick load option please.

2-Some type of save option during those missions where the "save game" button is greyed out. The auto save system just isn't the right solution here. I can't always finish those missions (I'm thinking of the first Remnant Vault quest on Eos) before I have to quit to go to bed, go to work, mundane type things. At the minimum, at least a "save on exit" to protect your progress. I understand that there are certain places that you can't save, especially combat, but there are many static areas that a save could be produced. Certainly not a game breaker, but somewhat frustrating to go back in game and have to replay ground you've already covered.

3-Storage area on the Tempest please. I don't want to sell every weapon or piece of armor that I'm not currently using just to keep free space in my inventory.

4-Ability to equip companions with armor/weapons. This probably won't happen because of combat balance issues (my opinion). But I've always loved messing with my companions armor & weapons (going way back to BG1). I miss having the lockers that were on the Normandy in ME1 where you could change everyones weapons & armor, that was a really good system I thought, would love to see it on the Tempest, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

5-More control over companions in combat. I can send them in a certain direction, but other than that, they seem to be pretty much on auto pilot.

6-Would be nice to have 2 companions go with me as I travel around the Nexus. Like it was on the Citadel back in ME1-ME3. I miss having someone comment on something I've done or said, or finding a point of interest that sparks a three way conversation. It made me feel closer to them. It feels kind of lonely right now. I've only been to the Nexus once so far, so maybe this changes?

7-(This is minor) A key that I can map for my flash light. In dark areas sometimes it comes on automatically, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I just want a bit more light. Would be nice to bind that to a key.

These are the main things I'd like to see addressed after my 1st 44 hours. I'm loving the game, and I think the story is really good, bordering on great, and makes sense in the whole ME story arc. The game is very stable (for me) on PC running in 4k with a gtx 1080, no crashes, no slowdowns, no freezes.

9. ensc

ensc Member

Yeah, the one who is the best at this is Bethesda. I can remember when I played Skyrim, I had about 1000 save files at one time. I love to be able to save after every little thing I complete so that if I get killed or something, I never have to go back and redo any of it.

10. Asran

Asran New Member

I would like to Switch languages. I'd love to Play the game in english instead of german.
    A bigger inventory or some space to store unused equippment instead of selling it.

11. CK Ha

CK Ha New Member

#11 CK Ha, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    I want to talk about more about gameplay as everyone else has written post related to technical issues.

1. Better Exploration

- More realistic planet wild life - Natural life cycle to animals/ It will be better to see creature behaving life actual animals (ie. feed or sleep like those from Horizon Zero dawn). Don't make all animals hostile to you as well.
    - Different types of animals- different ways of dealing with them - this can add in some hunting/ capture or even taming quests as well as resourse gathering.

- Day/night cycle.

- Deadlier and more diversed environmental hazards - Rather than just affecting life support gauge the environmental hazards should have distinct effect - Eg. Extreme cold that affects neural/biotic implants, Sand storms that limits visions, Swamps that limits the movements, EMP field that mess up the aiming or nomad, - This also should introduce different gears and weapon upgrades to buy or research in order to adept to harzardous situation. - I.e Thermal visions, heat insulators etcs
    Also you should have ability to manipulate these hazardous situation to deal with enemies.
    - Different ways to clear these hazard rather than just activating the vault- This can gives more quest options rather than general fetch quests,
    - The effect of environment hazard that affects difficulty of missions - ie. infiltrating into enemy base under sand storm or heavy fogs gives stealth advanages. Or Dealing with enemies who have all the right gears to fight in certain environment while you are ill equipped to deal with such situation.

-More Hidden lores and Special gears to loot.

2. More diversed quest options - related to exploration

- Different ways of clearing environmental hazards.
    - Wildlife hunting, studying, capturing missions - For resource gathering or even taming some to use for settlement defence.
    - Sandbox approaches to missions - (the good example is vetra's loyalty mission) You get to sabotage or create diversion while assaulting enemy base. Or infiltrate while using the planet's environment to you advange.
    - Some James Bond style missions like Original ME's Katsumi Goto missions.
    - Since we have nomad - Death race style racing missions.
    - Upgrading and Defending settlement missions - which is tied to story - Just don't make it like endless quests from Fallout 4's Preston Garvey's mission.
    - Hijack a vehicle and escape missions

3. More andromedan Aliens and diversed enemies.

- Enemies using squad tactics based on their classes.
    - More heavy stuffs such as hover tanks and mechs or Beast riding calvaries.
    - Air supports.

4. Please add other Ryder as squad mate.

5. Original ME style Squad command options.

6. Optionals missions to unlock hidden crews or squad mates who give advantages to tackle certain environmental hazards or certain type of enemies/ wildlifes. - like recueing a scientist crew can give you reserch options to craft EMP shielding gears or Animal lures.